Welcome

I want to invite all who visit here to join the community of those who are Evoked by Life. My writings are designed to invite you into your own self/ soul/ life exploration and to build a community of sojourners. Add your own voice; your own Truth to this ongoing journey of discovery and revelation.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Unfolding and Enfolding

I wonder sometimes what in the world goes on inside my body-being.  One day sadness mixed with anxiety and another day joy rolled up with hope. Sound bi-polar doesn't it? You know naming something puts a frame around it...a box....if you will,  enabling "it" to be carried more easily.  Have you ever let yourself wonder what 'normal' means...or...'crazy'? We use those words so flippantly sometimes, I really wonder if we even know what we are saying.

I wander around thoughts like this alot when I'm not thinking linearly.  I sometimes wonder how ordinary people live...or if I am really ordinary... or if I'm extra-ordinary... and think this as a way to feel special....Probably. Yet, unboxing my thoughts has been my life's endeavor.

Just yesterday I thought that my thinking has been circling around the same ideas for awhile now. How I need to stretch my thinking and exercise those neural connections and even make new ones. I realize I need to move out of this present box-i-ness in order to grow and discover...and make new neural connections.  My head has not hurt for awhile from the stretching of thought.

However, even this thinking about stepping out of the box is also a boxing of thought too.....How about that!   One box...expanding beyond and creating another box; expanding beyond and creating another box; and another and another....all those increasingly larger boxes...feels like Christmas or one of those Russian dolls.


I think, (here I go again thinking).  I think....Who thinks?...I think...Really?....You think?...NO!...I think!

Who's on first?                 Well anyway, all joking aside...see here I go again.

I think that all this 'boxiness' needs to be more rounded....more like concentric circles expanding...unfolding enfolding, undulating, folding out and then folding back in like kneading dough almost...stretched out and then folded back in upon itself...the...unfolding and enfolding.

Well, I have just experienced the unfolding and enfolding today as a matter of fact.  I believe it was just my day to choose to be with my own thoughts. Something from within held me true to my being today.   

I felt that strange yet familiar something from within take hold of me like a hand reaching up and pulling me in close. As a matter of fact, I felt the stretch of her loving reach earlier in the week, too.  La Que Sabe, the one who knows, the wise knowing one who lives deep within me holds me, reassures me, and comforts me so that I many remain truly connected to myself.

Boxing...No!
Expanding from within, in the arms of La Que Sabe, unfolding and enfolding, just like making bread.
Is the oven ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment